The ultimate in New Zealand’s luxury lodge scene, Eagles Nest is an elegant trail of sophisticated, contemporary villas strung across a Bay of Islands hillside like a string of jewels.
Each villa is perfectly appointed, private and built to enjoy the commanding views of the bay with its 144 beautiful islands.
Accommodation is in five free-standing villas, ranging from a romantic getaway for two to a magnificent presidential villa, Rahimoana, which sleeps eight. No luxury has been spared – each villa has its own jacuzzi, large decks and fully equipped gourmet kitchen, and the four larger villas also have private infinity lap pools.
Just a few minutes’ drive from the small town of Russell, Eagles Nest is central to all that the Bay of Islands has to offer – fishing, scenic cruises, horse trekking, diving, golf, sky-diving and para-sailing.
And there is plenty of fishing – this area is one of New Zealand’s premium game fishing playgrounds and the stories are legendary. Saltwater fly fishing, big game and deep sea fishing are all available with some of the country’s best skippers to get you out to all the fun.
- First Light Villa is a romantic getaway for two and, like all the other villas, has its own hot tub, home cinema system, a large deck with barbecue and fabulous views. It has one bedroom, two bathrooms and an indoor/outdoor fire. Breakfast provisions and a fruit platter are provided daily
- The Eyrie sleeps six in three bedrooms, all on one level. It sits high up, surrounded by native bush. The 18 metre infinity pool, hot tub, fireplace and stunning views create a strong impact. Breakfast provisions and a fruit platter are provided daily
- Eagle Spirit Villa also sleeps up to six in three bedrooms, each with its own ensuite bathroom. Its very contemporary styling allows the villa to open out to the expansive view, helping bring the outdoors in. It also has an 18 metre infinity pool and hot tub, and breakfast provisions an a fruit platter are provided each day
- Sacred Space Villa sleeps eight people in four bedrooms, three with ensuite bathroom. The main bedroom is upstairs, with walk-in wardrobes and a full bathroom. The villa has an additional bathroom, 20 metre infinity pool, hot tub and stunning vaulted ceilings. It also has a 20 metre infinity pool, and breakfast provisions an a fruit platter are provided each day
- Rahimoana, the ultimate Eagles Nest villa, sleeps up to eight people in four gorgeous bedrooms, each with ensuite. The 25 metre lap pool, hot tub, gym, infra-red sauna, bespoke artworks and 100″ screen home cinema system provide all the entertainment you could need. Not to mention the huge views, four additional bathrooms and private beach. Your own chef will cook a gourmet meal for you each day, breakfast provisions and a fruit platter are provided and a Porsche Cayenne is available for villa guests’ use
- all the villas have wi-fi, fully equipped kitchens, large decks and home cinema systems
- villa guests enjoy their own private spaces so shared lodge facilities are minimal
- breakfast provisions are included in the villa rate and extras such as a personal chef, catering, personal trainer, butler, in-villa spa treatments and kitchen provisioning are available for an extra charge
- Rahimoana has additional inclusions including a chef-prepared meal each day and a personal concierge if required
- the lodge has many luxury fishing charters available for guests to join
- the area is famous for its game fishing with species like marlin, tuna, mahimahi and yellowtail kingfish in the local waters
- deep sea fishing options are varied with snapper and hapuku as prime target species
- there is excellent boat and shore based saltwater fly fishing available for snapper, kahawai and kingfish
- striped marlin are a local specialty and plenty of record-breaking fish have been caught in the Bay of Islands. Land your fish or catch and release – your choice
- big game fishing day trips from $NZ 1900 incl lunch
- open sea fishing from $NZ 750 half day for 5 people; rates available for full day excursions
- saltwater fly fishing guided day from $NZ 400 including gear
- 2012 World Travel Awards – New Zealand’s Leading Resort
- 2011 World Travel Awards – New Zealand’s Leading Resort
- 2011 World Luxury Hotel Awards – Country Winner, Best Luxury Villa Resort
- 2010 World Luxury Hotel Awards – Global Winner, Coastal Hotel of the Year
- 2010 World Luxury Hotel Awards – Hot List
- and many more ….
- rates are per villa per night with inclusions as above, inclusive of GST
- low, shoulder and high season rates are shown
- package prices available for 3 nights or more in the Sacred Space Villa and Rahimoana
- First Light – sleeps 2 – Low $NZ 1295.00, Shoulder $NZ 1795.00, High $NZ 2295.00
- Eyrie Villa – sleeps up to 6 – Low $NZ 1835.00, Shoulder $NZ 2395.00, High $NZ 2995.00
- Eagle Spirit Villa – sleeps up to 6 – Low $NZ 1835.00, Shoulder $NZ 2395.00, High $NZ 2995.00
- Sacred Space Villa – sleeps up to 8 – Low $ NZ2595.00, Shoulder $NZ 3495.00, High $NZ 3995.00
- Rahimoana – sleeps up to 8 – Low $NZ 9995.00, Shoulder $NZ 9995.00, High $NZ 12995.00
- Cancellation fees may apply
- Currency converter available here
Eagles Nest is open all year. Children are welcome.
Email us for more information or to make a booking
We can confirm availability, get up-to-date pricing and a full quote to you overnight. We can then handle and complete your booking for you with full personal service all the way through.
We can also help you with all your flights to and from New Zealand, your other travel and accommodation arrangements, transfers to and from the lodge, and suggested itineraries for you to further explore this beautiful country.