Almyra is a luxury coastal retreat at Kina on the coast west of Nelson. Overlooking the Moutere Inlet and across to the mountains of the Kahurangi National Park, it enjoys some of the best views around while being sheltered from the prevailing sea breezes on the coast.
Providing self-catering and B&B accommodation in two luxury suites the property can also be booked for exclusive use for four. It is central to all the attractions of the Nelson region, including the Abel Tasman coastline, Golden Bay, Nelson’s wineries, national parks, mountain biking and art tours. It is also close to excellent brown trout fishing in the Motueka River valley and further south to Murchison and the Nelson Lakes. Guides can be arranged.
- accommodation is in two contemporary suites
- the larger Kina Suite is fully self-contained with a simple kitchen (no oven or dishwasher), deck with outdoor dining and a separate bedroom. A hamper breakfast can be taken in your room or enjoy a cooked breakfast at the main table.
- the Tasman Suite is a studio room with its own private deck and tea and coffee facilities. A cooked breakfast is served at the main table.
- both suites can be booked for exclusive use for a group of four and, if desired, can be closed off from the main house and used as a separate entity
- each suite has a separate tiled ensuite, and espresso machine for those early morning coffees
- there is free wi-fi, a large guest laundry and provision is being made to dry wet gear
- the main house, where breakfast is taken, is a beautiful contemporary space of glass and open spaces, making the most of the views
- the main deck opens to a solar-heated pool and overlooks the inlet and mountains
Around the Area:
- Kina is a 40 minute drive from Nelson and 10 minutes from Motueka so is central to the Nelson/Tasman region
- The Abel Tasman National Park is a 30 minute drive away. It’s a beautiful coastline that can be explored by boat, kayak or on foot. Adventure operators work out of both Marahau and Kaiteriteri, heading into the park for half, single or multi-day trips
- An hour’s drive over the Takaka Hill takes you to Golden Bay with its beautiful beaches, spectacular spit, nature tours and creative artists. It also provides access to the northern entry to the Heaphy Track and the ‘far’ end of the Abel Tasman coastline
- some of Nelson’s best wineries are nearby, producing excellent chardonnay, pinot noir, pinot gris and sauvignon blanc
- room rate includes breakfast and full use of facilities
- rates for the Kina and Tasman Suites range from $300-350 per night, depending on the season.
- rates for the 2 bedroomed option (exclusive use) range from $600-700 per night for 4 people
- children 12 years and over are welcome
- Currency converter available here
Almyra Waterfront Lodge is open all year
Email us for more info on Almyra Waterfront Lodge
We can confirm availability, get up-to-date pricing and a full quote to you overnight. We can then handle and complete your booking for you with full personal service all the way through.
Begin your enquiry on the secure form below.
We can also help you with all your flights to and from New Zealand, your other travel and accommodation arrangements, transfers to and from the lodge, and suggested itineraries for you to further explore this beautiful country.