Huka Lodge is one of New Zealand’s finest, and oldest, fly fishing lodges. Over the years it has gathered an excellent reputation as a top trout fishing lodge, and has hosted keen fishermen from around the world since the 1920s.
If you’re new to fly fishing and looking for an introductory experience, or you only have a short time to indulge in some fabulous fishing, then try their 2 night / 1 day fishing stay. Fishing is for brown and/or rainbow trout and the season runs year round, unlike areas further south.
Pricing is based on 2 people sharing a Junior Lodge Suite and includes your meals, accommodation and a day of guided fly fishing (with tuition if required). This can be either a twin or queen room stay.
Your stay includes:
- Accommodation for two guests, for two nights, in a riverside Junior Lodge Suite, with full country breakfast, one three-course lunch, pre-dinner drinks with canapés and superb five-course dinner each day
- After a full country breakfast, depart at 10.00am for private fly-casting tuition, followed by a half-day of fly fishing on a beautiful river or stream nearby. A picnic hamper for two is provided for your fishing adventure. Use of all fishing gear and licences is included
- Two Rodd & Gunn beanie hats, two pairs of Merinomink fine socks and a handcrafted rimu timber fly box are also included
- Use of all lodge facilities and return Taupo Airport transfers, if required.
- A copy of their latest book, Worlds Apart.
Huka Lodge sits right beside the Waikato River, just a short distance upstream from the famous Huka Falls. It is also just a 5 minute drive from Taupo, and within a short transfer ride from Taupo Airport. Auckland is a quick 50 minute flight away.
Pricing for this almost year-round offer starts at $NZ 1270 per person per night, including your fishing, in the winter months. Shoulder season and summer rates differ, and there is a surcharge over the Christmas break. Upgrades to the Owners Cottages are also available.
Contact us for more details or to make a booking.
(C) by Sue Farley 2017