Why not treat yourself to a fishing trip on board a luxuriously appointed twin-hulled private motor yacht. The Island Passage cruises the coast of New Zealand through the summer months, providing a pampering stay enhanced with beautiful food and stunning scenery.
The boat has a maximum of 24 guests on any cruise and carries three tenders, sea kayaks and a 5-seater helicopter, making shore excursions a breeze. On board, the interior spaces are large without the cramped feeling of being on a smaller vessel. Cabins are over-sized, with roomy ensuites, crisp linens and fresh toiletries. Teak decks, timber panelling and handmade kauri (NZ hardwood) furniture complete the picture.
Fishing trips are available by exclusive charter in some of the best sport fishing waters in the southern hemisphere. Catch includes kingfish, snapper, tuna and the ever-exciting marlin.
In addition to chartered fishing trips there are three scheduled cruises which also offer great fishing including
- a leisurely 6 night cruise through the island-studded Bay of Islands (there are 144 of them). Visit deserted islands and historic sites, and watch sea birds and dolphins. Fishing for kingfish is a highlight on this cruise, and they run from January to March
- another 6 night cruise wanders through the spectacular World Heritage sea area of Fiordland, visiting remote fiords, taking in superb scenery and giving you a unique glimpse of the wildlife. There is some great opportunities for fly fishing on these trips which run in November and December
- a world-class golf cruise is also available, giving guests the chance to play at seven of New Zealand’s best golf courses
- 11 cabins sleeping a maximum of 24 people.
- three levels of luxury accommodation – Bridge Deck Suites, Ocean State Rooms and State Rooms in twin, double and triple-share
- Bridge Deck Suites – 23 sq metres with king-size beds and floor to ceiling windows opening to the outside
- Ocean State Rooms – 20 sq metres with twin or queen beds
- State Rooms – 18 sq metres with queen or twin beds
- all rooms open to the outside with doors or windows and have private bathrooms with showers, a nightly turn-down service, individual climate control and flat-screen televisions
The Public Spaces:
- the main saloon is on the middle deck with a dedicated dining area and comfortable lounge areas
- this in turn opens on to an expansive outdoor seating area which is sheltered from most breezes
- the tenders and heli-pad are on the top deck
- all the scheduled cruises off the coast of New Zealand offer good fishing, although species can vary according to location
- Island Passage is also available for private fishing charter in the Bay of Islands for a season running January to March. This trip focuses on the areas between the Cavalli Islands and the Karikari Peninsula
- try lure-casting and trolling for kingfish. Troll for tuna and marlin or fish for snapper in the northern areas of New Zealand or fish for grouper and blue cod in the south. There’s also fly fishing for trout in the fantastic rivers running into the fiords of Fiordland
- quality Shimano rods, reels, terminal tackle, bait and berley are provided. The three 7.2 metre tenders each have a fishing guide who is very familiar with the region and extra charter game boats can be bought in if required
- the exclusive charter trip is available for a maximum of 16 fishing guests on each trip
Awards & Accolades:
- NZ Travel Industry Awards Finalist 2012
- “When I designed Island Passage the instructions were simple: I wanted a luxurious layout, spacious and comfortable for a maximum of 24 like-minded travellers.” – Founder/CEO Peter Bissett
Pricing includes accommodation, all on-board chef-prepared cuisine and non-alcoholic drinks, and use of tenders and fishing gear.
- a 6 night cruise in the Bay of Islands or Fiordland starts at $NZ 3950.00 per person in a State Room.
- exclusive fishing charters for a maximum of 24 passengers (including up to 16 fishing passengers)
- Cancellation fees may apply
- Currency converter available here
Island Passage operates in the waters around New Zealand from November to March. The ship cruises around Vanuatu from May to September where there is also excellent fishing available.
Email us for more information or to make a booking
We can confirm availability, get up-to-date pricing and a full quote to you overnight. We can then handle and complete your booking for you with full personal service all the way through.
We can also help you with all your flights to and from New Zealand, your other travel and accommodation arrangements, transfers to and from the lodge, and suggested itineraries for you to further explore this beautiful country.