On this page we feature links to people, places and organisations that we feel may be of value to you in your fishing travels. If we’ve missed something that you want to share please send us an email and we will take a look at your suggestion.
- Fish & Game New Zealand – general info on freshwater fishing and regulations throughout New Zealand, except in the Taupo area in the central North Island
- DOC New Zealand – the Department of Conservation manages the fishing in the Taupo area and also supervises the national parks and reserves throughout New Zealand. Lots about rivers, mountains, sea and habitats, hiking trails, Great Walks and camping sites
- Travel insurance – definitely something to think about
- Coming through Customs – what you need to know about Things to Declare at Customs, and what you’re not allowed to bring in to New Zealand. Don’t try and bring any food in!
- Air New Zealand – more good information about arriving in New Zealand, regardless of what airline you are flying on
Other Travel Ideas
- Wilderness New Zealand – a great resource for most of New Zealand’s luxury lodges – wilderness, skiing, golf, wellness, boutique and pure luxury