The Lindis is a brand new kid on the block – a stunning, contemporary luxury lodge right in the heart of fly fishing country in New Zealand’s South Island.
The Ahuriri River is one of the country’s iconic fishing rivers, with excellent fishing for trout in the season. And The Lindis sits right at the centre, with conservation areas on three sides. So not only are you close to some of the best fly fishing around, but also perfect hiking, horse-riding, e-biking, mountain biking and ecotours. And the intensely dark sky means you are also able to enjoy incredible star-gazing in the late evening.
Wood, glass, rock and steel feature throughout this amazing building, looking more like a giant mantra ray soaring across the valley, than a luxury lodge. The roof is pure art with its undulating contours clad in timber. Tucked into the surrounding land forms the lodge is sensitively designed to have minimal visual impact on the surrounding landscape. Accommodation is in two Master Suites and three Lodge Suites – all are luxuriously appointed and maximise the incredible views that each one has.
- the two Master Suites – the Ben Avon and the Dalrachney – are the larger accommodation suites. Each has a larger seating area, generous bedroom space and a free-standing bath tucked away in the main room
- the three Lodge Suites – Longship, Birchwood and Ribbonwood – are slightly smaller, with an open plan sleeping and sitting area
- each suite has a private balcony and a sensational floor-to-ceiling view across the Ahuriri Valley
- the decor features polished timber floors, an earth-tone palette and a minimalist look
- bathrooms are also timber, adding a Scandinavian element to the overall look and feel
The Main Lodge:
- the entire lodge is under one sweeping, curved roof, with maximum glass to showcase the view, even on a cold, mountain day
- the central area encompasses the Great Hall, with main lounge, dining, the bar, billiards room and games lounge
- solid rock walls outline interior spaces in this large area, breaking its vastness in to more intimate spaces
- the cuisine is based on the contemporary use of local ingredients, in which this large farming abounds, and the lodge also has a seasonal garden
- New Zealand and world wines are paired with the daily-changing menu
- the Ahuriri River has been rated among the top 5 rivers in the world for fly fishing
- it runs just below the lodge so is easily accessed for a quick cast before dinner
- or head out with a guide for a day in the wilderness – half and full day options are available
- all gear and tackle is provided; a picnic lunch is $45 pp
- Heli fishing is an excellent option from the lodge and will take you deep in to the high country
- Rates for guided fishing are $NZ 1080 per person full day, $NZ 780 per person half day; additional persons $NZ 360 per person
- the fishing season in the upper Ahuriri River runs from the 1st Saturday in December to 30 April.
Includes accommodation in a luxury guest suite, all meals i.e. pre-dinner drinks and canapés , a 3-course dinner, cooked English breakfast, picnic lunch, house wine, beer, wi-fi and the use of all lodge facilities including fly fishing equipment
- Master Suite accommodation is $NZ 2,500 – $3,000 per night for 2 people
- Lodge Suite accommodation is $2,000 – $2,500 per night for 2 people
- Fishing rates are shown above
- Minimum age of 7 years (children aged 7 – 12 and occupying a room with a full paying adult will be charged an additional $550 per night including an additional foldaway bed).
- Cancellation fees may apply
- Currency converter available here
The Lindis is open all year; the fishing season runs from the 1st Saturday in December to 30 April.
Send Your Enquiry for The Lindis
We can confirm availability, get up-to-date pricing and a full quote to you overnight. We’ll then handle and complete your booking for you with full personal service all the way through.
We can also help you with all your flights to and from New Zealand, your other travel and accommodation arrangements, transfers to and from the lodge, and suggested itineraries for you to further explore this beautiful country.